Pioneer of the first-class Japanese Whiskey. The Yamazaki 12 Years was awarded Double Gold at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2013. While for the ones, it's a mild and elegant drink, for the others, it shows depth and a smooth character. Anyway, the The Yamazaki 12 Years is one of the best recommendations in the world of whiskies. And you'll best enjoy this Premier Single Malt from Kyoto, Japan's former capital, pure, on ice or with soda water. It seems a little bit too good for cocktails.
If you liked The Yamazaki 12 Years, you may also enjoy...
Description · Suntory
The Yamazaki 12 Years
- Color: The Yamazaki 12 Years shows a clear dark golden color with burnished bright highlights.
- Flavor: Aromatic notes of cedar, golden honey, clove and candied orange peel.
- Taste: Medium bodied and honeyed in style, this easy vanilla malt bursts with apple fruit and jasmine freshness but is made complex thanks to notes of candied orange peel, cinnamon and clove spice and balancing dusty cigarette ash and cedarwood dryness.
PRODUCTION DETAILS: After aging for 12 years in Japan's unique environment - the constant changes in temperature and humidity force the wood and whisky to interact with each other - the whisky is brought to proof before being bottled.
ALCOHOL: 43% Vol.
Suntory is a Japanese brewery and distillery. Founded in 1899 Suntory started as a shop selling imported wines. In 1924 Japan's first distillery -Destilería Yamazaki- starts producing malt whiskey. Five years later, first sold in Japan Suntory Whiskey whiskey Shirofuda (White Label) being the...
Buy Suntory Spirits:
Highlighted review about The Yamazaki 12 Years
More reviews about The Yamazaki 12 Years
Posted on 05/05/16 at 09.02
- Color: golden yellow.
- Flavour: aromatic, cedarwood, honey, cloves, orange peel.
- Taste: notes of aging, fruity aromas, bitter orange marmalade,...
Posted on 12/11/14 at 12.40
- Color: The Yamazaki 12 Años (con Estuche) is gold .
Nose: dominated by notes of cedar , golden honey , clove and candied orange peel .
Palate: The palate is medium bodied...