Rafael Palacios (Valdeorras)
Technical sheet · As Sortes
If you liked 2017 As Sortes, you may also enjoy...
Description · Rafael Palacios
2017 As Sortes (Godello)
- View: Golden yellow color, very clean and stands out for its beautiful shine.
- Nose: The aroma is very complex. It can be perceived ripe fruit, light floral aromas, mineral and it is also possible to see some sweet spices with some toasty notes.
- Mouth: In notable for being very broad, intense, rich and voluminous palate, shows a huge elegacia. white fruit is perceived as pear, certain citrus flavors and a slight mineral memory. Excellent balance between acidity and sweetness. Its finish is long and persistent.
APPELLATION: O.D. Valdeorras.
VINEYARD: Rafael Palacios.
AGEING: This wine spent 8 months in French oak barrels.
DEVELOPMENT: The grapes are grown in sandy soil of decomposed granite. Harvesting is done manually, then brought to press pressing steel and most juice is extracted. This is placed to ferment and after this the wine is stored in French oak barrels.
PAIRING: Sushi; dishes prepared with spices, white meats, Asian cuisine.
TEMPERATURE: 10 °C
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13.5%
Rafael Palacios is the son of D. Jose Palacios Remondo (founder of Bodegas Palacios Remondo) and a passion for making white wines. After making his first target in the family winery, Plácet, decides to create his own winery in Galicia, in the Valley Bibei under the name of Valdeorras, where he...
Buy Rafael Palacios Wine:
Highlighted review about 2017 As Sortes
Posted on 06/05/19 at 15.03
- belongs to the D. O. Valdeorras and grapes is made 100% Godella, organically grown.
- Located on the higher slopes of the Valley of Bibei.
- This is a golden colored wine with elegant tears.
- It gives off intense fruit and...
More reviews about 2017 As Sortes
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about As Sortes 2013
Reviews about As Sortes 2009
Reviews about As Sortes 2008