Blandy's Madeira (Sercial)
Sercial 10 Years Blandy's 50cl
- 21/09/15 |
- 4 /
Pale, bright topaz colour with a golden tinge, fresh with dry fruit, wood and citrus flavours with a fresh and nutty persistent finish.
- Winemaker: Michael Blandy and Chris Blandy
- Winemaking: Blandy's 10 year old Dry Sercial underwent fermentation off the skins with natural yeast at temperatures between 18°C - 21°C in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks. After approximately 5 days, fortification with grape brandy takes place, arresting fermentation at the desired degree of sweetness. Blandy' s 10 Y ear Old Sercial was aged for 10 years in seasoned American oak casks in the traditional Canteiro' system, whereby the casks of this wine are gradually transferred from the top floors of the lodge, where it is naturally warmer, to the middle floors and eventually to the ground floor where it is cooler. During this totally natural ageing, the wine underwent regular racking before finally being bottled.
- Grape Varieties: Sercial.
- Food Pairing: Blandy's 10 year old Sercial is fined and does not require decanting. It is excellent as an aperitif but is also exceedingly good with flambe? es, dried fruits and spicy cheeses. It has been bottled when ready for drinking and will keep for several months after opening.
- Store and Serve Advices: As an aperitif serve at a temperature of 10ºC as a dessert wine serve at 16ºC.