Vega Sicilia (Ribera del Duero)
Vega Sicilia Único 2006
- 30/05/18 |
- 4 /
- A wine made principally with the grape variety Ink fine (Tempranillo), and a lower percentage of Cabernet Sauvignon, which varies depending on the benefits of different vintages.
- This wine is fermented in wooden vats, in permanent contact with indigenous yeasts.
- After the fermentation of wine, it goes through a very long-the longest aging wines worldwide- of 10 years between wood and bottle.
- The barrels used for aging are French and American oak.
- Normally usually spend a period of 6 years of aging in oak and three years in bottle La Finca de Vega Sicilia is made up of nearly 1000 hectares, of which 210 are for the vineyard.
- In these three different grape varieties they are grown: Tempranillo, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.
- Of these 210 hectares of vines, 140 are used for the preparation of Valbuena and unique.
- The rest goes to the development of Alión.
- In Vega Sicilia working with vineyards reaching an average age of 35 years, with ten being the minimum age.
- Vega Sicilia winery is respectful with the natural environment that surrounds it.
- For example, ground disinfection prior to planting new plants is completely natural, rather use any artificial product.
- Tasting Notes Vega Sicilia Unico Vega Sicilia Unico Visually has an intense ripe cherry color.
- Cata nose nose touches toasted wood, with hints of oxidative own evolution during the long years of aging in wood hazel appear.
- Vega Sicilia Único palate is broad, with flavors of old wood, with dry tannins, slightly sweet alcohol.
- A long and persistent aftertaste.
- Vega Sicilia Unico is a wine whose special features perfectly accompany a roast lamb, grilled red meats, grilled red meats, game and even good Iberian.