D'Arenberg (South Australia)
If you liked D'Arenberg The Peppermint Paddock Red Sparkling Chambourcin, you may also enjoy...
Description · D'Arenberg
D'Arenberg The Peppermint Paddock Red Sparkling Chambourcin (Chambourcin)
- View: D'Arenberg The Peppermint Paddock Sparkling Chambourcin has a profound aspect of vibrant mousse black crimson purple with a persistent strand that can only be described as a "ring of pearls". A rare and wonderful sight in the sparkling wine.
- Nose: The aroma is dry. Dominated by the freshness of violet, rhubarb, herbs and then the intensity of raspberries and black currants and a touch of leaves.
- Mouth: The palate is concentrated, dry and totally refreshing. A beautiful creamy mousse reaches the end dwells. The end of the final wine has a lighter character body as it is lower in alcohol than previous Peppermint Paddocks, but clearly more satisfactory. The finish is dry and sharp, with integrated tannins and balanced with liquor dosage and acidity.
GRAPES: 100% Chambourcin
WINERY: Chester Osborn
d'Arenberg is one of the most significant wineries in McLaren Vale. In 1912 Joseph Osborn, a teetotaller and director of Thomas Hardy and Sons, purchased the well established Milton Vineyards of 25 hectares in the hills just north of the townships of Gloucester and Bellevue, now known as McLaren...
Buy D'Arenberg Wine:
Highlighted review about D'Arenberg The Peppermint Paddock Red Sparkling Chambourcin
Posted on 08/01/19 at 04.45
More reviews about D'Arenberg The Peppermint Paddock Red Sparkling Chambourcin
Posted on 20/11/18 at 14.16
Posted on 20/03/18 at 04.06
- Red sparkling wines are extremely popular in Australia, especially Sparkling Shiraz
- When d'Arenberg, however, it relies on the grape Chambourcin that the...
Posted on 22/12/11 at 18.17