Dow's Port (Port)
Dow's Fine Ruby is produced by a company that illustrates the long relationship uniting Portugal and the United Kingdom in their love for good port wines for over two centuries. Indeed, Dow's started exporting to England as early as 1798 and not even the Napoleonic Wars prevented the wines from arriving to British clients. Today, the company continues this long tradition with a larger offer of ports than ever. Dow's Fine Ruby is resolutely fruity and perfect for informal moments with friends or relatives. Its lack of pretension should not be mistaken for cheapness as it remains an excellent port wine.
Technical sheet · Dow's Fine Ruby
|Type Of Wine:||fortified wine|
|Appellation:||Port (Porto & Douro,Portugal)|
|Grapes:||Touriga Franca, Tinta Barroca, Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Çao|
Bronze medal San Francisco International Wine Competition 2006
Gold medal International Wine Challenge 2008
Gold medal International Wine Challenge 1997
If you liked Dow's Fine Ruby, you may also enjoy...
Description · Dow's Port
Dow's Fine Ruby (Touriga Franca, Tinta Barroca, Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz and Tinta Çao)
TASTING NOTES of Dow's Fine Ruby :
- View: has a medium ruby-red coat, with brown highlights, clean and shiny oily look.
- Nose: With red fruit flavour and well concentrated black, recalling plum, cherry and currant with some new coffee in the background, always vinous and revealing a fresh forest scent.
- Mouth: It is perceived robust, full-bodied and full of fresh, ripe fruit, conjoined with notes thin honey syrup. Leave a long and lingering taste due to long maceration, marking the palate plum and macerated strawberries.
VINEYARD: Dow's Port
GRAPES: Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Barroca, Tinta Roriz and Tinta Cão
AGEING: Aged for 3 months in oak barrels.
PAIRING: is excellent with desserts made with chocolate or tiramisu.
TEMPERATURE: 10 ° C
DEGREE OF ALCOHOL: 19%
Symington Family Estates is a wine company and Port wine house in Portugal, which owns and operates several vineyards and wineries and owns several brands of Port, Madeira wine and Douro DOC wines, including some of the oldest and most well-known Port and Madeira brands. With their extensive...
Buy Dow's Port Wine:
Highlighted review about Dow's Fine Ruby
Posted on 31/05/19 at 13.04
More reviews about Dow's Fine Ruby
Posted on 02/05/17 at 14.12
Posted on 06/04/17 at 12.17
Posted on 13/04/16 at 12.22
Posted on 05/12/18 at 13.10
- On the palate fresh with cherry and raspberry flavors and good length. Color: ruby red allergens: contains sulfites
Posted on 27/06/17 at 14.40
Posted on 26/06/17 at 12.40
- This wine is full-bodied, with seductive red fruit aromas. The palate reveals cool and breezy, with a taste of raspberry and cherry, combined with a long and intense finish...
Posted on 06/06/17 at 14.03
Posted on 11/11/15 at 16.14
Posted on 21/09/15 at 12.22
Deep and lively Ruby colour. The wine is full-bodied and has very appealing red fruit driven aromas. On the palate, fresh and youthful with raspberry and cherry flavours, combined...