Pol Roger (Champagne)
Pol Roger Pure
- 30/08/17 |
- 4 /
- An expression of the diversity of terroirs, this non vintage champagne is born of the perfect balance of the three traditional regional grape varieties, blended in equal proportion. Pol Roger carefully selected reserve wines drawn across at least three years to gain the right balance of flavour and structure necessary for an undosed Champagne.
- The colour is a dense gold with a fine mousse. The fresh and lively nose expresses a fine, complex register of cloves and roses, developing into hints of breadcrumbs, yeast and citrus fruit. The wine is clean and crisp in the mouth, surprisingly so after such a mature, concentrated nose: fine and well structured with aromas of honey and cloves.
- This gives the wine extra depth and contributes to its good length. A svelte and shapely wine.
- Its inherent freshness combined with mature and concentrated bouquet makes it particularly suited to shellfish, crayfish and seafood in general.
- Grape: 33% Pinot Noir, 34% Chardonnay, 33% Pinot Meunier.