Descendientes de J. Palacios (Bierzo)
Product not available in United States
Technical sheet · Pétalos del Bierzo
|Type Of Wine:||red wine|
|Vintage:||2016 Other vintages|
|Appellation:||Bierzo (Castilla y León,Spain)|
|Winery:||Descendientes de J. Palacios|
|Volume:||150cl Other volumes|
|Grapes:||Mencía (90%), Alicante Bouschet (3%), Godello, Jerez|
|Pairing:||AppetizersMeatRiceCheeseRed meatWhite meatRisottoLambSemi-cured cheese|
If you liked 2016 Pétalos del Bierzo Magnum, you may also enjoy...
Description · Descendientes de J. Palacios
2016 Pétalos del Bierzo Magnum (Mencía, Alicante Bouschet, Godello and Jerez)
TASTING NOTES OF 2016 Pétalos del Bierzo Magnum:
- View: Petals Bierzo 2016 has a dense and dark cherry red.
- Nose: High intensity, black fruit liqueur, very powerful smoky and roasted notes.
- Mouth: Soft input petting, elegant, sweet and mineral palate, medium-bodied and good persistence.
BODEGA: Descendants of J. Palacios
AGEING: Aged for 10 months in French oak barrels.
PREPARATION: The malolactic took place in wooden vats and stainless closed for two months.
PAIRING: Red meat grilled and roasted.
TEMPERATURE: 15 °C.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14%
The Wine Advocate (August 2013):
"At the end of the day, if we really have to recommend a wine of this collection, which I would buy for my cellar, will be the petals Bierzo 2016. It is 95% Mencia mixed in the field with 3% of white grapes and the rest Alicante Bouschet and other red wines, fermented after stripping of wood and stainless steel open vats and over ten months in French oak barrels, of which 20% are new. the 80% of the grapes are grown on the blackboard in the vineyards of Corullon, with different altitudes and orientations, and the remaining 20% come from the clay soils of the valley. all this adds to the complexity of the wine. the wine is very aromatic and floral (violet), almost intoxicating, with clear notes of blueberries and licorice. The oak is well integrated, almost imperceptible, except for a touch of spice and a lactic touch denoting a very young wine. it has a medium bodied with a silky texture thick, is very tasty, with some sab pray acidic strawberries. This is one of my go to restaurant listings wines, offering very good value and is widely available in Spain (and elsewhere, I hope!) As 320. 000 bottles were produced. This could very well be the best Petals produced to date. Drink now through 2019 ".
Descendientes de J. Palacios
Ricardo Perez Palacios is one of the great architects of a quiet revolution is taking place in the, so far, Bierzo region quite stagnant. Chelo is the son of Palacios, of the dynasty known Palacios (Remondo) of the Rioja, and this adventure has helped his famous uncle, Alvaro Palacios, well known...
Buy Descendientes de J. Palacios Wine:
Highlighted review about 2016 Pétalos del Bierzo Magnum
Posted on 08/01/19 at 04.45
More reviews about 2016 Pétalos del Bierzo Magnum
Summary of ratings
Reviews about other vintages
Reviews about Pétalos del Bierzo Magnum 2015
Reviews about Pétalos del Bierzo Magnum 2013
Reviews about Pétalos del Bierzo Magnum 2012